19 March 2008

Field Trip: Nada Surf concert Thursday, March 27


In the end we were a group of 10 that attended the Nada Surf show (Hong Bo met us after this picture):


Here's a picture from the concert:


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~



(This is a copy of the email I sent to my students Sunday evening. I am posting it here in case the email went to the spam folder.)
Hello my music-loving friends,

As we have talked about in the Language Of Music class, I suggest our next "field trip" be the Nada Surf concert on Thursday, March 27. The band is very popular (their concert on Friday night is sold out) and it will be a good chance for all you under-21-year-olds to see a typical Seattle rock concert (there is no age limit to attend this concert!).

Here's some info:

* Tickets are $18 (includes service charges)

* The concert is at the Showbox club in downtown Seattle, (on 1st Avenue, across from the Pike Place Market).

* The first band will play at about 8.30pm. Nada Surf will go on stage at about 9.30pm. The concert will end about 11.30pm.

Here's where you can hear some Nada Surf music and learn more about the band:





WHAT I NEED FROM YOU

To organize this group event I need to know some information from you:

* Please respond to me by the afternoon of Wednesday, March 19 if you want to go to this concert. -- I will buy tickets for everyone who wants to come, then you can pay me back on the day of the concert.

* I am happy to pick people up and drive them home, but I only have room for 4 people in my car: if more than 4 people want to go, we need to have othercars pick people up and drive them home.
-- Please let me know if you could drive and how many people you can take with you.

* I will write an email on Thursday to the people who say they want to go with more information about what time we will meet and who will be driving.

Thanks!

No comments: