06 March 2008

28 February 2008

[this post is not yet finished!]

Today only 7 students showed up -- the smallest class of the quarter. No one was sure why so many people were missing.

We started by talking about the class schedule. We will have sessions through Thursday, March 13th, then take a break until resuming again on Thursday, April 3rd.

On the Sunday I had taken a ferry trip across Puget Sound and I told to my students that this is a great short trip to take some time. I recommend taking the Bainbridge Island Ferry (info and schedule). You can walk on as a foot passenger, on the Bainbridge side walk around the small town of Winslow (info), then walk back onto the ferry and go back to Seattle. The views from the ferry are great and it's a classic Northwest thing to do. It's great to get a perspective of Seattle *from* the water!

Speaking of the view of Seattle from the water, I suggested that I will organize an evening out on Lake Union with the students when the weather gets warmer. You can rent boats and go around on the lake. If we have 10 people it will only cost about $10 per person for 2 hours. It's another classic Seattle activity ;-) .

We also talked about the Underground Seattle tour. I have actually never been on that tour! But I would like to go some day.



1 comment:

MariannaE said...

I have a list=)Again^_^