13 January 2008

Thursday, 3 January 2008

Winter Quarter started yesterday. There was no time yet in the new quarter to promote The Language Of Music conversation group in the English classes, so today's class was just a reunion with the three mainstays from last quarter: Marianna, Kung Soo and Hugo.

Kung Soo came to the room with a trumpet(!). He asked me once last quarter how he can go about busking (playing music on the street with a hat for people to put money in) in Seattle. I wonder if he wants to do that with his trumpet? If he plays on the street some time, I will go watch him!

Unfortunately there wasn't a media cart set up today so we just caught up on what everyone did in December without watching any videos or listening to music.

We all talked about what we did for Christmas and New Year's Eve and I showed the slide show of pictures from my trip to Senegal and Mali.

As we parted I told the three students to expect a larger group of people next Thursday because the class will have been promoted in the English classes. Experience tells me that for the first class of a quarter a *lot* of people show up for the first session, then it quickly tapers off until there is a core of ~8 people who come on a weekly basis. I wonder how many will actually show up next week? And how many will come back the week after?


No comments: