20 June 2013

22 May 2013 (Wednesday)

7 students came today.


I started by asking what plans the students had for the long weekend coming up. One student was going to New York City for the weekend!


I said I am going to the city of Walla Walla (map, info) where there are a lot of wineries. 

One student said the name of that city reminded her of a chain of bars in Japan called "Wara Wara".


The first video was a funny video that the student's children like watching. It's called "Dumb Ways To Die" (video with lyrics, song info).

For the rest of the class we talked about children's cartoons -- we didn't even talk about music today!


I mentioned that as a child one of my favorite cartoons was Speed Racer (info), which is a Japanese animation. Here's the opening theme song for the each show.

During the discussion we watched the opening for Doraemon (video) which was (is?) apparently *very* popular among children in Japan.

The conversation flowed about children's TV in different countries and animations and I don't have more notes to write down about it... But it was a fun conversation day!


No comments: