20 February 2013

13 February 2013 (Wednesday)

Today only 1 student showed up! :-(  We talked for a little while generally, but didn't talk about music specifcically.

Since no one was there to share their favorite love songs for Valentine's Day, for this week's blog entry I will offer a few of my favorite choices:

"In My Life" (video with lyrics, song info) by The Beatles (info).

"Songbird" (video with lyrics, song info) by Fleetwood Mac (info).

I find this song to be very sweet: "Somersault" (video, lyrics, song info) by Zero 7 (info).

One of my current favorite love songs, which emphasizes longing: "You Do Something To Me" (video, lyrics, song info) by Paul Weller (info).

"Forever In My Life" (video, lyrics, song info) by Prince (info). Note, this video is the live version which is about 7 minutes longer than the studio version (on the Sign O' The Times album), and while it's a great version, it lack the intimacy of the studio version. But I couldn't find a link to the studio version online.


Of course, Valentine's Day can sometimes include heartbreak.  Here a couple of songs for "difficult" Valentine's Day:

"Love Of My Life" (video, lyrics, song info) by Queen (info).

"Wicked Game" (video, lyrics, song info) by Chris Isaak (info). 

No comments: