20 April 2008

10 April 2008

Although I usually keep it a secret among my friends and co-workers, last week I mentioned to the class at the end of last week that the next class, April 10th, falls right on my birthday this year.

When I arrived at class I was showered with cards -- including two which play music when you open them ;-) -- presents and a cake. I was very touched by the kindness of my students!! I am not good at accepting presents because I can't express enough how much it means to me. So I just stood there saying "Thank you, thank you, this is so kind of you" but I don't know if they understood how much it touched me that they organized all this for me.
Here's a picture of the cake:

And here is the whole class while I cut the cake:



Everyone sang me "Happy Birthday" and then Happy Birthday was sung in each language represented in the class. We watched lots of birthday-related videos. The assigned theme for the week was "Saturday night songs" and we watched some, but unfortunately I didn't take notes during the class today and I have forgotten all the songs/videos we watched. Students, do you remember what we listened to and watched?

Two new students came today. What a strange introduction for them to the Language Of Music discussion group! I hope they still remain interested in how the class "usually" runs to come back!






No comments: