16 September 2006

Thursday, 14 September 06

Today was the last class for this session and also the last class before Grace and Pei Hsuan return home to Taiwan. It turns out that only Grace had time for the class today -- the other students had too much end-of-session work to take care of.

So Grace and I just chatted a bit in general. At some point she said she would like to hear some songs that are not in English so I played some songs by Manu Chao (bio, website) for her. I played:

* "Clandestino" (video)
* "Me Gustas Tu" (video)
* "Bongo Bong/Je ne t'aime plus" (video)

Grace was impressed how he switches languages randomly in the middle of songs.

She asked me to play her a song in German and the only thing I could think of was to search for a video by a band I know by name in Germany, but who's music I don't really like: Sportfreunde Stiller. I played the song "Ein Kompliment" (video) just because the description says it is their biggest hit.

With that, class was over for the day and for the session. I am planning on changing things up a bit for next session, making the class only once per week instead of twice, but then make it 90 minutes (possibly even 2 hours) rather than just one hour. And since I had so few students from ACE, I want to open the class to international students from Seattle Pacific University, too.

In any case, there will now be a break of a couple weeks before the next session starts, in whichever form it takes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hi,
I'm so sorry to hear that the session is over and no more classes will be held! It's too bad but everything what is done is done for the better. Smth more interesting will appear! When one door closes, another one opens! Keep that in mind!
Miss being in Seattle.
Enjoy and take care
103girl